Looking for a Volunteer Foster Care counselor to join the Little Wanderers Rescue Team.
Little Wanderers is an all-volunteer, grass-roots corporation primarily serving the Bronx, Northern Manhattan and East Harlem. We provide rescue, education, outreach and TNR/Trap/Neuter/Return to the neediest cats in the most underserved areas of New York City. Learn some of the most crucial aspects of rescue. Become a volunteer Foster Care Counselor Today!• Work with Foster Care Coordinator and Executive team to oversee day to day foster care operations
• Oversee, manage and develop all aspects of the Foster Care Program
• Match foster families with appropriate foster animals based on their skills and situation
• Provide ongoing assistance, coaching and moral support to foster families
• Coordinate with foster families to have foster animals attend adoption events when appropriate
• Respond to emails and phone calls from foster parents within 24 hours on work days
• Approve or deny foster applications within 3 business days of receiving foster care applications and communicate with potential foster families regarding their status within 3 business days.
• Recruit new foster families
• Recruit, train and assign foster home visit volunteers.
• Perform home visits as necessary
• Update and develop all foster program materials
• Coordinate with social media team to maintain an up to date cat and kitten profile with current photographs and bios
• Maintain an organized, accessible list of foster family requirements and availability
• Maintain an organized list of current foster assignments and contact information for Little Wanderers
No experience needed! Excellent skills building opportunity! Send resume and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org